View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Name names! I'd love to know who you've worked with, and if you have any interesting stories to tell.
In real life, I hate that question. There's no way to answer it without being a pretentious ass. But, this is the cellar, and ya’ll have already figured out that I am a pretentious ass, so what’s to lose

I worked as a touring keyboardist for several years with a ton of different artists. The highlights include Melissa Etheridge, Meredith Brooks, Jennifer Love Hewitt (the tour lasted all of 2 weeks between her movies), and then some artists that you’ve never heard of, but who are amazing – Kenna, Charlie Mars, Jarvis Church (he produced Nelly Furtado, under the name Track and Field).

I was just leaving the road when Meredith and Jarvis were starting to produce, so I got to work on the records they were making – Hillary Duff, Jennifer Love Hewitt (who can actually sing. And yes, is that hot in real life), and then the Nelly Furtado record. Through Meredith, I met David Jerden, and did programming for the rock records that he was producing at the time.

Them’s the highlights. There are some stories. I’ll drop them in later. Just as a teaser.

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote