View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 05:58 PM   #2
Xugumad
Punisher of Good Deeds

Re: 9/28/2002: What Semtex does

Quote:
Undertoad
Yet to be explained is how US foreign policy is responsible, or what type of terrorist appeasement France did not perform that might have prevented a possible atrocity.
Yet to be explained is why this is still happening. After all Afghanistan has been liberated, and those terrorist training camps destroyed. Iraq will be attacked because they are threatening the US with biochem or nuclear weapons (not that there is any proof, but I am perfectly willing to entertain that notion), not because they are supposedly training or financing terrorists. (nobody in the current administration is claiming that at this point).

Please explain why this is happening, and why the US don't have their sights on countries that allow this to happen. (presumably those within the 'Axis of Evil' that aren't going to be using biochem or nuclear weapons against the US)

I am serious. Please explain. Since you use 'US foreign policy' as a possible cause in the very first sentence of your post, explain to me how US foreign policy fits into all of this. (Also note that I did advocate liberating and democratising any and all Middle East dictatorships in another post, as well as explaining that I'm pro-American, not anti-American, despite your accusations, so you may want to leave those flamebaits at home this time. Also, please don't invoke the threat of 'Germany', and don't use Nazi comparisons, for once. Please.)
Quote:
Well, at least everyone's civil rights weren't violated by having to wait at a terminal for a few hours.
When somebody's policies are under attack (flagrant constitutional breaches by the current US administration), make sure to point out that others are at fault, too. Two wrongs make a right. Since everybody else is doing it, it's OK to do it, too.

Ensure that your post is dripping with sarcasm, as well. It usually invites civilized and polite discussion of an issue. (see my last paragraph; QED)

X.
Xugumad is offline   Reply With Quote