Thread: Kettlebells!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #70
bbro
Insert witty comment here

It's a useful tool when done correctly. I used it in PT for my shoulder to stretch. I use to roll sore muscles - mostly legs - and it can help ease the soreness sooner. Alas, I was too lazy for it. I can walk fine today, but it was another workout and I don't have high hopes for tomorrow - lol.

I did do some work that impressed myself. Turkish get ups with 14 lbs. Like this, but much, much smaller weight. And you do one on each side for a single rep: (See Bruce's repost)

These are traditionally done in low reps. The combo I did was get up to standing, clean the kettlebell, squat, press, and get back down. Fun stuff. Sweat pouring off me! But I DID ALL FIVE SETS

Also, I've had trouble with single leg deadlifts - I tend to fall over.
(See Bruce's repost) start @ 50 secs. I don't know the stomp crap. We don't do that.

I wasn't too happy with these, either, but apparently I am too hard on myself. The instructor complimented my form.....and I promptly lost balance - lol. 14lbs here, too.

I am really enjoying this gym and the instructors. I was just able to walk normally and they did this workout. Looks like it's back to the shuffle

Last edited by bbro; 04-22-2016 at 08:38 AM.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote