View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #91
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Quote:
… “THEREFORE, what is free will?”

It is the agent who susses out his reasons (apprehending, assessing, concluding) then attempts to ‘do’ (bend and reshape causal chains, end causal chains, begin causal chains). It’s the endlessly recursive being who chooses, who responds, who sez ‘I hate spinach but I’m gonna eat it anyway’, who chooses to say ‘no’ (cuz they assess ‘no’ as right), instead of ‘yes’ (which would be easier and more profitable); it’s the guy who keeps goin’ round and with the fellow who denies his existence as agent cuz the guy is puzzled why another would self-denigrate so thoroughly (to choose to be less when one is more, that there is fuckin’ stupid).
Free will is one of many evolutionary synergistic effects produced by the combined components of the human organism. Free will is an agent THAT (not who) enables humans to suss out their reasons...etc. Humans can be born impaired without free will; or, be injured and lose their free will. The human organism must be able to produce the energy to sustain it. When all of the energy production is gone, so is the human regardless of how much weight in matter remains.

Humans with free will are, in turn, agents of social synergy WHOSE combined effects can put a man on the moon...etc. The less social a human is, the less important their free will is to others and what goes around comes around. Humans who use their free will to better separate themselves from society are free will tangents.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote