View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
23) Stop trying to make things perfect. – The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists, it rewards people who get things done. Read Getting Things Done
The list is defeatist. Be perfect, but remember you're not perfect so don't try to act perfect just be yourself but strive to be better and if you're not better don't try to explain it away to your loved ones because you are who you are and not who you aren't and your needs come first but don't ever be idle even if what you need is idle because you are then not being true to yourself...

I guess what I'm saying is I had an anxiety attack just reading all the things I shouldn't be doing to myself.

And this one:

Quote:
25) Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t. – It’s okay to fall apart for a little while. You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well. You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again.
Well hell, I've been trying this for years. All I get from that is disdain and contempt and a Label O' Loon.

Nothing snarky towards anyone...many of these are things I do try to remember. I'm just no damn good at most of them.

And remember: DO try the latest bold lipcolors: you'll stand out in a crowd and make him go WOW! (Glamour, 1989)
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote