View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 03:05 AM   #2
hermex
Dry Nurse

I have been telling people about this research since I read about it several years ago. It amazes me that this seemingly credible, repeatable strangeness is not a bigger deal. It is astonishing to think that our minds can influence a random number generator. But it is also highly relevant to daily life.

You know how the printer always seems to go haywire when you are tottaly late and trying to run out the door. These experiments suggest that your stress might actually cause the printer to fail! I think I remember reading that the research was originally intended to find out why plane crashes come in clusters. It's really weird.

And it gets weirder still. There was an experiment where two randomly selected people were asked to try to sway the numbers of a single generator. They did the same thing with two people who said they were in love. The couples in love had a greater influence on the numbers than the random couples.

I think this is where some people just bail out, thinking, that is just too weird. This must be some kind of hoax. And when I try to imagine how it might be true, I start to sound like a bad Star Trek explanation.

"What IF, the quantum spin within the neural matrix creates a STANDING WAVE that resonates with the silicon substrate, well, just might be able to reverse the polarity and creating a tachyon shock wave that would propel the ship out of the wormhole!"
hermex is offline   Reply With Quote