View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:12 PM   #134
glatt

He lost me on his first point about panic buying of toilet paper. He’s wrong about toilet paper. There is a shortage of toilet paper not because of panic buying, but because people are not shitting at work and using the industrial grade commercial toilet paper. My own toilet paper consumption has increased 250% and yet I am not shitting more.

My daughter is home from college, and she is using our toilet paper exclusively.

Our household consumption of toilet paper has probably doubled or maybe tripled.

If you multiply that out for all households, you wind up with a shortage of toilet paper. It’s simple math.

My employers building likely has a glut of toilet paper, and there are pallets of commercial grade toilet paper sitting in warehouses somewhere while the consumer grade shelves are empty.

It’s the same thing with food. Not panic buying. People are eating at home when they used to eat out. The restaurant supply houses have lots of food that they can’t sell, and the supermarkets are empty.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote