View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #142
glatt

I just ordered a computer monitor and cable so I can have dual monitors at home if/when my firm closes. I can't do my job with just a single little 19 inch monitor.

I wonder if corona virus will reimburse me? Or Trump? Didn't he say something about freeing up money?

My daughter is home for spring break and has been told that break is going to be extended an additional week. (So far.)

We've been slowly stocking up on food, but with an extra mouth in the house, we need to get more. We have only about a week or two of food. It looks like a lot more than that though. 4 people eat a lot of food. We are running out of shelf space.

One admitted student college visit day for my son has been cancelled. The other school's day is in April and hasn't been cancelled (yet.) That one will likely cost us $1k in non-refundable plane tickets. We may visit anyway and walk around the closed campus. I was stupid though. Should have paid for the travel insurance on that one. I knew the virus was out there when I booked it.

Schools are still open. Work is still open. I'm still riding the Metro each day, but with roughly 1,000 cases in the US, and maybe 100 people in each metro car, there is only a 0.03% chance that I'll encounter one of them on any given ride, according to that chart above.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote