View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

You see, the main issue with illegal aliens is that...well, there illegal. They are breaking the law, they are here illegallly. I don't see why we should reward those who are breaking the law. Someone breaks into your house and steals all your electronic equipment. They get caught but someone thinks we should compensate that person monitarily for the time they spend in jail. Obviously, this a fictional scenario, but it's pretty much what folks want to see happen with illegal migrants. Give them the same rights I have for being here illegally.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who complains because the imigrants are taking "my jobs" away from me. Pie has a point, who is going to do these mundain jobs that most Americans don't want anything to do with. I just had three Hispanic gentlemen in my backyard for the last three days moving dirt around to re-grade my yard. In the middle of August in the hot Arizona sun...what a suckass job that is. But there they were, working their buns off. I wouldn't want that job, no way, no how. But why do they have to be illegal aliens. I'm not hip on the mechanics of how to get to America legally. I don't know whether it cost money, there's a huge waiting list, that we only allow a certain number of folks in, how work visa's work. I don't know. Maybe someone can clue me in on how this works.

When you have illegal aliens working in this country, two things happen. One, they usually are getting paid under the table becuase they don't have social security numbers, so they are not paying taxes to support the public services that they use. Two, most of the money goes back over the border to support the rest of the family in Mexico. So in my slightly elementry economic knowledge, that does nothing for our economy.