View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 12:24 AM   #406
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

And we recently finished "After Life". Listen. This is the best thing I've seen on television I can remember. I used to regard Ricky Gervais as Don Rickles' Mini Me. Crude and mean with occasional interruptions of laughter. No more. I take it all back. "After Life" was written and directed by Gervais and he appears in almost every frame. His range is complete, I cried. There were tears of sadness and breathtaking gales of laughter, including tears. Twil had to stop the program on multiple occasions and wait for me to compose myself, rewinding to the point where I'd lost it so I could hear the next bit....

Bring tissues. Drink carefully, it might get spat out or choked on. Most of all, enjoy.
you know season 2 just got released, right?

I want to hate him so badly (as I've mentioned elsewhere), but with material like this you can't. Today I saw my friend for the first time since lockdown and we actually spent some of the time discussing how good he is. She is married to the guy who did the artwork Gervais mocked in one of his stand-ups despite being refused permission to use it, but we still allotted him time