View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #114
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by jinx

Why would you assume that parents aren't questioned just as hard? Just because you don't experience it?
No, because I highly doubt that they are.

Childfree person: "I don't want kids."
Other: "But why? Don't you want to continue your bloodline? Don't you want to give your parents grandchildren? Isn't that being selfish?"
*although in my case, I've usually gotten, "I don't blame ya!" or "Good...don't!", but I don't like hearing others getting questioned like that.*

Person who wants kids: "I want (insert number) of kids."
Other: (goes into a conversation about how they want kids too, etc., and not "Why?").

Quote:
Putting your child in harms way is incredibly subjective. What you may see as harm (not vaccinating your kids) others see as protection.
But are you going to be committing a crime if you choose not to vaccinate your kids? You chose not vaccinate your kids, right? You're not in jail, so...where's the crime?

Quote:
What you may not see as harm (giving kids soda and McGarbage) other would.
Again, not a crime (although, not good common sense either).

Quote:
Because one doesn't have as much faith in obstetrics as others, they are questioned. But they shouldn't be prosecuted.
Sorry, I just feel there's a certain responsibilty once one finds out they are pregnant to put the child/fetus/zygote's welfare above their own. Never mind that the C-Section is going to leave a scar!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote