Thread: Vacation
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Day 2

Dropped Jeff off at work at 9am.
Dentist cleaning at 10:40.
Packed up empty boxes and delivered to my dad's place for moving.
Went into town on personal business.
Took the wife and son to Sang Kee in Chinatown. Jeff and I ordered the Peking Duck meal for two which was two duck entrees, house special won ton soup for two (stretched to three), and house fried rice. It was awesome. Leftovers are in fridge. Almost forgot mention shrimp fried won ton appetizers with sweet and sour sauce. Not included in the price of the meal but worth it.

Also went to the Lucky fortune cookie factory at 9th and Race and picked up 3 bags of fortune cookies - 1 regular, 1 chocolate, and 1 coffee.
Went to bakery and got assorted individual cakes and a kiwi smoothie. The cakes are flat round discs with filling. They were sort of thin moon cakes without any decoration. I got two cakes with some kind of green tea filling blend with two other flavors and two cakes that had sweet melon filling. Also picked up two curry chicken buns for tomorrow. Between the cookies and cakes I spent $15.

The entire outing for the three of us was less than $90 including parking (street parking was $4 for 2 hours).
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 05-20-2013 at 07:01 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote