View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

So, how do you sleep?

What are your sleep habits? Got any funny quirks? I've got plenty!

I MUST read at least a few pages, but usually for 30-90 minutes, before I can fall asleep.
I use a baby noise-machine, set to chirping crickets and croaking frogs.
I can NOT put my feet out from under the covers just in case something were to grab them from under the bed.
I can NOT sleep with my hands uncovered because I had a cat for nearly a dozen years who would suck my fingers if they were in his reach.
My ears must be covered, either by my hair or blankets.
I MUST sleep with a king size pillow, one corner under my head, the length of the pillow against my body and the other corner between my knees (bad hip).
If I dream of water, I had better wake up and go tinkle...or I'll pee the bed. Haven't wet the bed since grade school and I learned this trick, but having a water dream (water, snow, glass of water, ocean, ice, fishbowl, fog, swimming, boating, lakes, rain, streams, if there is water in ANY form...) means I need to get up and go to the bathroom. I wake up whenever I dream of water.
If I set the alarm, I always wake up 10-7 minutes before it goes off, no matter what time(s) it is set for. I cannot STAND to be startled awake. I can even do this if Hubby sets the alarm. I must hear a 'tick' or something as it prepares to go off.
I sleep pretty still. R-side or L-side with no rolling around. Sometimes the kitty will sleep against my chest and push me onto my back, but I never move myself unless I wake up and change positions.
I cannot fall asleep if people are talking/singing and I can hear the words (tv or radio) because I will stay awake to 'listen'.
I have to check the time before I fall asleep so I can keep track of how long I sleep between waking.