View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I was struck most of all by how unimpressive (intellectually) the patriarch was. We'd got this whole lead up where we'd been led to believe that Gramps was this scripture expert who was only refusing to answer because Theroux's questions were not scripture based and then when he did ask scripture based questions the guy just closed it down; refused to debate. His sermon as well, was really poor. I kind anticipated some sort of charismatic impressive personality. Instead it just seems to be an aggressive domineering man who's brainwashed his kids.
Yeah, and Ann Coulter is supposed to be a 'constitutional scholar'. The interesting thing about demagogues is how many of them will seem to deflate with only a little overexposure. Unless they possess truly strong and compelling personalities, many of these figures thrive because they manage to avoid the hard questions. Their skill lies in shuffling their lies like a stage magician switching a coin from one hand to the other.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote