View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #8
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I got first world problems.
Which means I might struggle for bus-fares, don't have a hoover or TV, only get books from the library, am a recovering alcoholic.

Watched this when it was broadcast simply because David Tennant (girlie hair was for Richard II - probably).

So, first world GD problems in my case.
Anyway, it made me read up on Sierra Leone.
Warlords, child soldiers - sometimes child hard drug addicts because of it, starvation, poverty, AIDs, raw human sewage in public, political corruption...

I got clean water. Friends who aren't addicts. Family still alive. And I don't go to sleep or wake up to the sound of gunfire. I can certainly skip some meals.

This is why I really only go to church to sing. Not meaning to make this a political or religious thread, but fuck being born in a shitty place. Just go on and fuck that sideways. Excuse my language.
I started giving 10 bucks a month (all I can afford on my shitty income) to Oxfam after hearing a report on Sierra Leone on NPR. I had tears in my eyes just listening to it. Yep, I think contemplating Sierra Leone (as well as much of the rest of Africa) could ruin anyone's Happy Meal.