View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #2107
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Head injury from a fall. Any bleeding injury from a fall. punctured lung from a fall..... Carruthers can be pretty sure his dad is ok while he grocery shops, because dad is sitting reading the morning papers. After that, all bets are off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Yep. That's what got Pete's step-Dad. Carruthers has a lot on his plate. Pete's step-Dad had his mood supported by a new dog but whether or not said dog tripped him in his night wanderings is up for debate.
It might be worth relating the following.

When Dad gets changed, or needs somewhere convenient to sort out his post, he'll perch on the edge of the bed.

Using his walker, he reverses up to the bed and attempts to sit on it.

His generally frail state means that he can't lower himself in an ordered way and makes what can best be described as a 'gravity assisted arrival'.

On a number of occasions he has misjudged matters, landed on the edge of the bed and slid to the floor. I think on one occasion he might even have missed the bed altogether..

Luckily, he has only bruised his dignity but getting him upright again has presented something of a challenge.

On one occasion I was in the shower so it took a couple of minutes between the alarm being raised and 'rescue efforts ' getting under way.

I just can't run the risk of him having a fall and being half an hour or more away.