Thread: The Black Dog
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #27
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

So I went to the library yesterday. Signed up for next year's health insurance. It's going to cost way more than I think I can afford, but what the government thinks I can afford isn't exactly the same thing. If I quit one of my jobs it would be free. But then there's less money. I don't know what's more cost-effective but I suspect it would be to quit a job. Not happening.

So this thread has been on my mind, the way my thoughts take over. I went to look for that Power of Now book. Online card catalog said 'available.' But it wasn't there where it was supposed to be. Looked all over the surrounding shelves. Nope. I guess someone who would rather steal than just get a library card. Or it was just misplaced. But the stealing was where my thoughts went. Huh. Jaded, I am. You might be too if you dealt with some of the stuff I saw in Higher Ed and what I see now in Public Defender's office. I fight that, try to keep some of the ideals I had when I was younger. But sometimes I'm too tired to fight it.

But anyway, I'll keep an eye out for it because it sounds like a good read.

And it's comforting to know others go through this too. Not that I want others to go through it, it just makes me feel less freakish. More human. So, thanks for the thread.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote