View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 04:40 PM   #8
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Interesting. The story implies that in Thailand, it's quite common for meth heads to snap and take people hostage. That doesn't really square at all with my experiences, though. I wonder if it's some cultural difference?
A web search for "ya ba" yield articles that state that the stuff is cheap and plentiful; what happens at high doses may be outside your experiences. And for being common, it's comon enough that I've seen TV footage of a couple of incidents like this one, althought the drug involved isn't usually identified.

In fact, are we sure this article quoted is describing the same incident as the photograph?

And just for the record, I prefer autoloaders to revolvers.

Harry was carrying a .44 mag on an S&W N-frame, big and heavy, and at nearly 12" overall for the 6.5" barrel, the dickens to conceal. Eastwood had several S&W 629's made up from parts for the films, including one for some shots with an extra long barrel.

Last edited by MaggieL; 08-31-2002 at 04:43 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote