View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #129
Scazrelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
On-Line pain groups tend to be populated by women with borderline personality disorder and fibromyalgia. They are worse in person.
Hey, I have fibromyalgia, as does my mother, be nice.

Its sad... it seems people for the most part (not this forum, mind) only focus on the physical aspects of a disability, and not the mental issues it can cause... they just don't understand. They also think drugs are somehow miraculous cure alls with no side effects o_O.

My pain is not bad at all (yet) but I can still feel for you, rkzenrage. I worry sometimes about how bad mine will get, but I can't imagine being in a situation like yours.
So you need to be strong for the people who aren't as bad, ok? That way, they know they can make it too. Be an inspiration, I suppose. You know, you could also try to start your own group, find people with similar problems. They might feel just as isolated as you. I guess, though, my only real good advice sounds cheeseball: life is what you make of it. You are going to hurt no matter what you do, it seems, so make the most of it, choose to live a solid, good life and not let the pain control you. Best of luck, and I mean it.