Thread: Meanwhile in...
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #320
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Meanwhile in Dallas, Texas...

Quote:
SEAL Running for Congress Violates Rules by Showing Up in Uniform, Launches Campaign in Wrong District

It wasn't the best way to start a Congressional campaign. Retired U.S. Navy SEAL Floyd McLendon wore his Navy dress whites to his campaign kickoff in Dallas, Texas in November. Unfortunately, it's against regulation to wear his uniform to such an event—which was held in the wrong district.

His choice to wear his Navy dress whites uniform violated a Department of Defense policy which prohibits members of the Navy and Marine Corps from "wearing uniforms of the naval service while attending or participating in a demonstration, assembly, or activity knowing that a purpose of the demonstration, assembly or activity supports personal or partisan views on political, social, economic or religious issues."

That regulation also applies to retired Navy SEALS, such as McLendon.

McLendon, who is running for a seat in the 32nd Congressional District, kicked off his campaign in the 30th Congressional District.

"I don't know if I can think of a time where somebody kicked off their campaign in some place that wasn't in their district," Lone Star Project Democratic strategist told Business Insider. "And then it would be really outrageous is when they didn't realize it was in their district. They need to have a pretty darn good reason for kicking off their event in a district in another one they're running in." ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote