View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #118
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I don't think anyone said that ABS works on ice, either. It's like you're making up your own argument to win. And no one said speed sensitive steering assist was a bad thing. ... and what do they have to do with one another anyway?
I posted that ABS does not work on ice. UT quoted that sentence to then made claims that ABS always increases safety. Why are you challenging me when UT quoted and then denied that sentence?

Meanwhile, the point was that many believe ABS works on ice only because the myth (combined with system one thinking) said so. GM said so in commercials. So many still believe it.

Can you get a car without speed sensitive steering? GM did not have it long after it was a standard technology. GM routinely avoided the feature, in part, because you would realize how unstable the vehicle really was. Did 2006 Jeeps have that early 1980 technology? No GM cars I rented had it. A Ford Explorer did not have it.

You seem to be focused on many failures of domestic automakers rather then see the larger picture and the many examples of innovation finally permitted - ie Ford, Hyundai. Cited were numbers for 2006 Jeeps that defined an inferior product. And later numbers that imply engineers were finally permitted to do some designing. Did you miss the point? Also asked was a relevant question. If Honda and Toyota are so much better, then why did so many still buy Chryslers? System one thinking? Also asked was another question that was not rhetorical. Why did you ignore that question?

So what your post did I ignore?

Last edited by tw; 12-15-2013 at 08:50 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote