View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:27 PM   #511
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Today, I installed a Progressive Touring Link chassis stabilizer. A guy on the Harley forum I joined sent it to me for free. Said don't worry about the shipping even. I bought one of his County music CDs, and will mail him a gremlin bell in thanks.

This kit mitigates lateral movement of the swing arm, which can cause a dangerous wobble during high speed bank turns.

The kit includes a modified swing arm mounting bracket that adds an anchor point, an L bracket that mounts to the rear of the transmission case and adds another anchor point, and a dog bone style tensioner that lives between those two anchor points and let's you set the lateral position of the swing arm. The dog bone comes pre-set, and should fit. If it doesn't, you need to perform a chassis alignment. Mine fit fine.

What wasn't fine was one of the bolts that attach the swingarm mount.

Looks like it was already cracked, as there is a patina on the inside of the bolt halves. Probably dangerous.

I also changed the color of the bulbs in the small guages on the dash. I'll have to send the tach and speedo out if I want them to be blue.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote