View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #62
laebedahs
Abecedarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtexanssane
laebedahs. What holds as being scientifically truthful does not become untruthful just because 30 years have elapsed reguardless of whether anyone restates those truths or not.
I cant believe i am having to explain this to you. That vitamin C prevents Scurvy is as true today as it was hundreds of years ago and it does not need to be restated unless people systematically start to exclude it from their diets which is not going to happen.

About that doctor. I think you are just nit picking here.
The difference being that scurvy has been solidly proven to be treated/prevented by having vitamin C regularly present in your system. No one denies it as truth because it is accepted practically by everyone. You might try to argue with this logic stating that if it isn't already accepted as truth then it never will be. That isn't what this means, either. It is widely accepted as truth because it has been tried again and again over the years and found to be working as intended; that is, it cures/prevents scurvy. So far, you have yet to provide any concrete evidence that Laetrile does what you stated it does.

Concerning the doctor: I am not nitpicking. You're quoting people who support the use of Laetrile, but the fact remains that he never mentioned Laetrile <strong>anywhere</strong> in the quote. Do you see what I mean? You can't claim him as a supporter of Laetrile use because he says it no where in that quote.

Last edited by laebedahs; 04-26-2006 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Typo fixes
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote