View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 03:40 AM   #5
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Hey that's a good one!

I see so few current commercials thanks to Tivo... One of my all-time favorites was Charles Barkley's operatic turn in the "Barkley of Seville" ads. And much as I can't stand Shaquille O'Neal [insert non-moment of non-silence for the Lakers' playoffs loss], I did enjoy the one from several years back where Shaq's dad shattered a phone booth.

However, my all-time favorite commercial moment did not actually involve a real commercial. When I was a junior in high school, my German teacher gave us the assignment of writing a commercial in German and presenting it to the class. A friend of mine and I teamed up and we ended up doing a spot for "Crazy Klaus's Auto Parts." It wasn't fabulously inspired as a commercial, and I dare say our demonstration of our German skills was competent, but not exceptional.

The fun part was the very end. Through nefarious means that I have since suppressed the memory of, we acquired the teacher's unlisted home phone number. And of course it was that phone number that Crazy Klaus handed out at the end of the commercial. Her reaction was priceless.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote