Thread: Being a kid
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
Be sure you're ready for a kid. Be sure you really want a kid. Having taught public school, it was very good birth control, and we are child free by choice. There were, are, so many parents that just seemed to accidently reproduce, its what you do next, and I saw a lot of kids that were in some dire straights.
Well, i'm 26, and my wife is 27. I do prefer to have my own freedom. On the other hand, I'd hate to be a genetic dead-end. Also, her biological clock is ticking. Like I said in another thread, if we wait 'till we're 40, she might not even be able to conceive at all.

I'd really like to wait, but we can't realistically wait too long. So, my plan is to wait until I get my degree, get moved, and get a nice income going. I have maybe 1 1/2 years of college left. So, if everything works out okay, we're looking at 3 years from now (maybe.. you never know what life will throw at you).

Quote:

So you want to be a parent? Keep your own experiences in mind when you do- kids deserve love, respect, guidance and time. They will be more important to you than you, and that's being a good parent.
Yeah, that's a point well taken. It's just that no one seems to actually do this.