View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #64
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Everything was clearly explained by the Sister. Then the expert, then his subordinate.
I was well-informed.
When I entered the room I was appalled to find it exceptionally chilly, especially as I had to remove my dressing gown. NB, I was never too warm in that hospital. And my room window could open. In hindsight I would have taken my cat-fur cardigan.

But then I was covered with something that looked like paper airtex - blue on the top and white next to my skin. They covered me head to toe, with a hole cut for me to peek out of, on the left side as they needed access to the right side of my neck. Also screened me from the screens (showing my internals), which may or have not been on purpose, as I was expected to lie as still, as carved, as death.

I didn't even have to think about my temperature.
Quick sonogram, quick X-Ray then ready to go. Regularly checked during procedure.
Wipe wipe on neck, blood pressure cuff on. Then I think he iced my neck? I could see the figures going down anyway, and it felt like ice.
"Sharp scratch" was the local anaesthetic then a "stinging and pushing sensation".

All fine.
All went to plan. In and out with 28 minutes, which I think helped them catch up on the delay. Whatever tricks my veins might try on a phlebotomist they behave for real surgeons.

Back on ward after an hours prone rest.
Then five hours bed rest but I didn't have to lie flat.

I missed lunch but the kind and efficient lady who served the meals popped her head in to check I'd eaten, then went to get me a sarnie and a creme caramel.

Sausage and red onion chutney. Didn't half give me the farts later.
Me on bed rest.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 05-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote