View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #256
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
No - not talking out your ass. It's really closer to the truth. THEY have escaped the vortex that is J&J (my 'rents). One is their "good girl" favorite who always, always did everything right (and I love her very much; she's my huge support person and i love her) and the other smokes so much weed she qualifies for Jamaican citizenship and just doesn't give a care.**

**'splain "so much weed" - when I was with her up in Maine she lit up about every twenty minutes. That's a lot of weed smokin' right there.
Sounds like your sisters haven't really 'escaped' the family situation - more like they're using their own coping mechanisms that aren't necessarily healthy. Sometimes the only way to recover from longstanding toxic patterns is to take some time and space for yourself and only reconnect when it's possible to do so in a way that doesn't set you up for hurt.

{{{{{{{Bri}}}}}}} .... hope you're doing better today. Lots of support and good thoughts coming your way. Take care of yourself today - and tomorrow - one day at a time.