Thread: Poker?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 05:54 PM   #2
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
So, at risk of being somewhat more faddish than I usually am, I've gotten interested in poker due to some of the various TV shows knocking aronud and an interview I heard on the radio... so of course, I started reading up, and I've been playing Texas Hold'em online for dummy chips. (I can't bear to use real money yet--and possibly ever--although that does affect the strategy... people "bet" differently when they're not using real money.) I'm finding the statistics and strategy very interesting. Anybody else play, RL or online?
Uh oh..I'm now hooked! Been watching coverage of the World Series of Poker on ESPN, and then also watching some poker on local cable channel 9, and THEN, watching Celebrity Poker on Bravo! In fact, I'm about to bring up my poker game now...I've just started playing on this site:

Popular Poker:
http://www.popularpoker.com/

Fun stuff really. I don't have any particular strategy since I'm just starting. Plus, there is a lot of stuff to learn if you want to get serious about it. I'm just in it for fun. I'd be too chicken to try to play in RL or online for big money (although it's verrrry tempting!).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote