View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:01 PM   #18
El Veto-Voter
Lead Subordinate

Supreme Religion - bow down by voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Seems to me, to be a political atheist is to say 'I don't believe in politics', which is dumb cuz politics is just a kind of human interaction, and humans interacting is demonstrably real.

I like 'heretic' better but that carries (to me) a sense of active rebellion, and I just ain't the time, energy, or interest for that.

Non serviam, as declaration, works, but isn't easy to label.

Indifferent (with a clinched fist)?

Apolitical (but knowing)?

*shrug*
What is the supreme religion on this planet?

Catholicism, Protestantism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Communism, Agnosticism, Liberal, Conservative, and all the others are just subsets of the one supreme religion: The Cult of the Omnipotent State!

"Infidel" seems to be an appropriate, if negatively charged, label for one who refuses to accept the precepts of any "faith". It literally means, "one without faith", and infidels were actively hunted down and killed in the dark ages (because they tended to shed light on things that the authorities preferred to keep in the dark).

I don't take offense at being called an "infidel" because I know its real meaning. Likewise with a lot of other good words that have developed negative stereotypes over the years.

One such term is "apathetic". It literally means "not pathetic". Now, how can it be better to be "pathetic" than to be "not pathetic"?

El Veto-Voter
www.HaltVote.com
El Veto-Voter is offline   Reply With Quote