Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #46
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelita
Without my kids, I would never know what it means to completely put someone else's well being before mine - without reservation. My children have given me an amazing amount of joy just watching them grow into sentient beings who actually have their own voice, their own ideas and opinions.

Its inexplicable to those who don't have kids. This is why I become annoyed at childless people who think their pets are their children. For the most part, animals will love whoever is feeding them. Pets are great - and wonderful companions - but children are work. You put your entire self into them, and many times on a daily basis get headaches and heartaches in return. The truth is however, that the headaches and heartaches pale in comparison to the fulfillment - the shear joy that comes to you through your children.

Despite the day to day turmoil we face as parents, having children enables us to know something greater than ourselves, and as a result our lives are expanded in ways we cannot even begin to fathom. And it never stops. Give up my life? No way - I have a much richer and more fulfilled life because of my children.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote