View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
Not used to be, I am not talking about items that are no longer available retail.
Try reading all of the original post first... it'll keep ya' from looking foolish later.
eBay is not strictly a collectible market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
The name calling isn't really necessary. I read the OP, even though it's fairly difficult when everything is in one giant paragraph.

What I said applies whether the things are still widely available or not. I'd genuinely like to know what is wrong with selling things at a price greater than the retail price you can find elsewhere.

The PS3 sells for more at retail in some countries than it does in others. Is this wrong?

Free Markets

There are still good places to find deals. If you live in/near a major city craigslist is a good bet, and specialized auction sites are often available for whatever you might be looking for. And if reconditioned, recertified, or refurbished is acceptable then you can get great deals at a lot of online retailers.

I could see $30 s & h if it's an item that requires extremely careful packing, or if it's a high-dollar item and the price includes insurance. If there isn't a logical reason for a large s&h charge I don't see why anyone would buy it, but careless people are going to get burnt no matter what. I see as much sleaze in grocery store discount cards.

It might hurt eBay eventually, but really it's one of the few places for Aunt Suzie out in West Bumfuck, USA to sell her knitting, and buy her specialty yarn. For that it's valuable to a great number of people.
Saying you did not read the post is an insult? If you took it that way, it was not how I meant it. Sorry.
Since grocery stores do something bad makes it ok? This is an argument? I hope you never took debate in school.
We all know what a free market is... but thanks for thinking of us.
PS sells for more in foreign markets.
Riiiight, and they have their own versions of eBay and, again, I was speaking of available items. Again, that whole "reading thing" comes in handy. I'll try to keep it simple for you in the future, since it was hard this time.
It seems you have no issue fleecing people... have at it, everyone's "ethics" & "morals" are different.