View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #9
glatt

In the course of doing their jobs, cops are required to appear at the courthouse. There is obviously not enough parking available at the courthouse. Have you ever been to a courthouse? There is NEVER enough parking.

So the solution to really address the issue is to reserve a bunch of spots for cops. And if you really want to make sure it never happens again, there have to be a lot of those spots. Those "cops only" spots will be taken from the general public. I would be much more upset if I had business at the courthouse but was unable to get there because there is no available parking than I would be if I was able to find a spot, but walked past a bunch of scofflaw cops as I entered the building.

Maybe they should build a $50 Million parking garage and give the cops and other city administrators the first floor.

Now, I am not familiar with downtown Miami. Maybe there is already a parking garage and there are plenty of reserved spots for cops, and they park illegally anyway. If that's the case, fire them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote