View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #41
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Collectivist totalitarianism is the enemy of prosperity, and thus of mankind in general. Less-collectivist totalitarianism is still the enemy of prosperity.

HM, your cheap shot is noted, as being about the only kind you can actually afford. (I suggest you capitalize the D on editing, for reason of it being a specific party, and not democratic practice in general.) It's hardly the "politics of division;" it's the politics of don't screw up the Republic. Simply put, don't debase the currency (why I'm a libertarian and not a Republican, as they are none too good on this point either), do recognize enemies and identify them correctly (the Dems have fluffed this one since sometime in 2002 and haven't stopped yet, I think), do not overregulate business and economy (see above) while at the same time not killing the only biosphere we've got (for instance, I'm eating even less fish than I used to) -- driving the cost of employment upwards is unwise, as it mandates unemployment, which means less wealth to go around. There's no need to buy extra unemployment.