View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
... Later, a snotnose rich guy came into the Kiltie Room (the bar room at the club) after he got off the golf course, snorted, and said "Who'd we piss off now?" Maybe he didn't understand the gravity of the situation at the time, ...
I took it in stride since many, like myself who served in the Spec. Ops. community, expected a delimited attack of that magnitude sometime during the decade. I didn't become alarmed about nationwide attacks until I heard civilian news reports of generous citizens in other countries donating blood to be sent here.

I immediately sent messages, FLASH precedence, to key Members of Congress and to the President recommending that all foreign blood donations be quarantined. Not only was the chain of custody in other countries and during transit unreliable, our routine blood screening procedures of the time were not geared for detecting engineered pathogens; or, genetically altered blood. Deliberate contamination could have been introduced anywhere along the line to make its way into our medical system as a follow-up/second wave attack. It would have been extremely demoralizing if our blood supplies became suspect.

The next day, public news reports about foreign blood donations ceased and I didn't see anything in the news about any such donations being received here let alone being incorporated into our medical system and dispensed anywhere in this country. No news was good news since it turned out that foreign blood donations weren't needed anyway and it would have been a shame to take the risk unnecessarily.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote