Thread: Cupcakes
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
monster
I hear them call the tide

I never eat the frosting. Grim. Only on ones I've made myself where the frosting is chocolate buttercream, but even then, I'm usually not into it by the time they're done because I've inhaled so much sugar during preparation.

When I send cupcakes in for Birthdays or team parties etc, I always include some unfrosted ones and they always get eaten.

How saturated is the market there, Ali? Here there are cupcake stores and home bakers everywhere and some are struggling.

...Maybe a "half-healthy" platter where you provide two layers of cakes with only the top layer frosted could be a gimmick to make you different? Emphasizing that people can choose this option and pay less because they are not paying for frosting that will be left? That way you will still provide they pretty that attracts the buyer, but also value to undermine the competition.

And/or Nut-allergy-Friendly might be a good direction to go in,, I know a lot of people worry about that when providing cakes for a large group.

Good Luck