Thread: Bad News
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
SamIam

Is there any way you can get some second opinions? I am so skeptical of the VA because of the inadequate treatment they gave my Dad when he was still alive.

Have you recently been on corticosteroids? This is what causes Cushings syndrome. Discontinuation of the drug should alleviate the symptoms.

I have PTSD and my clinic has prescribed me an anti-depressant (paxil) and seroquel (a sort of anti-psychotic). I take the seroquel at bedtime and it allows me to sleep. Anti-anxiety agents are only the third line of defense against PTSD. Some researchers feel that they ultimately make PTSD worse! I take clonezapam if I feel I have an anxiety attack coming on.

You need to be your own advocate - especially with the VA. Research your diagnosis and find out what the most accepted treatments are. Make a list of all your questions and concerns and demand that your doctor address these issues for you, no matter how busy he may think he is.

Being pro-active will help your outlook a lot.

Hope your health issues are resolved soon and not as bad as they seem to you tonight.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote