View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #117
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Duh, he's a fucking salesman.

Buy a policy and get a second policy free,
just pay an second shipping and handing.

As seen on TV.

Call within 10 minutes and we may use some lube.
I understand why the references to job and perhaps, to character, but I don't understand why the continual return to sexual innuendos. Can't you argue a point of view without them?

Yes, Bill King is a broker - so a glorified salesman. Let's look at that. He 's paid on a commission - I don't know that, but it's very likely how he's paid. So, why would a salesman who's paid on commission, want you to buy the cheaper policy?

With the higher priced policy, he would make more commission, yet he's not trying to get us to buy the higher priced policy.

It sounds like he's trying to increase his market share, by giving us a valuable heads up on a future increase in policies, that has been announced by some companies.

In the ad, he names the companies - by name. Which one's will be increasing their rates this year in January, and which one will be increasing it's rate next year.

You could check that out and see if it was true or not, with a free phone call, but you're not interested.

When the facts conflict with your desired beliefs, the facts get ignored, and swept out of sight, and out of mind. It must be that tension it builds, that brings out the sexual innuendos.

Obviously, the facts can't be correct - of course not.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote