View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #77
monster
I hear them call the tide

rkz, people don't choose to be asthmatic, peanut-allergic or blind any more than they choose to be in a wheelchair.

OK, so the law has ruled in favor of those in a wheelchair. It has also ruled in favor or those with asthma. what's the difference? Please explain to me without ridiculing me. I really don't see the difference. Maybe that's due to my pesonal bias because I'm asthmatic?

Why do you think the law has not ruled in favor of the blind and peanut-allergic? Do you think they should?

What do you think about nightclubs who have different admission rates and drinks tariffs for males and females?

I'm not trying to trap you, I'm asking because I'm having a really hard time understanding the logic of your differentiation, but I know there must be some because I believe you're not stupid (for want of a better, more PC term).

I understand that you believe that this hotdog shop and other places who violate the code are willfully excluding would-be patrons in wheelchairs, but I'm curious as to what you think their reason for this might be? Surely it can't just be cost? if you're already doing a major rennovation, a ramp is not that big of a deal. There must be something else...