Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #120
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I’m sorry for being such a wise ass joker in the previous page, TW. You’re a smart guy with a sense of humor many times, but you are invested in your position as much as anyone else.

Your life experiences and education have led you to a completely different philosophical reality than mine.

I can accept and even respect that.

Maybe this post can out “tw” you in length if not clarity of position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
An honest answer will never be discovered when one concludes using wacko extremist concepts of 'good vs evil'.
You are the only person that know that is focused on the term “evil".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
When one does not first learn the so many details that separate the few corrupt from far more numerous responsible parties.
Have you ever seen this? It’s the unelected bureaucrats and the management that are working against what the people want. Slow walking. No walking. Bending the rules for their agenda, not the Peoples’.

We actually have learned the so many details But not from CNN and MSNBC.

That is why so many people view the government as corrupt.

Because despite overwhelming evidence there are no prosecutions.

This opinion of corruption in the Federal gov’t was at 38% under Obama too.

And let’s not forget the FBI

Quote:
Were Central Banks evil when they created / enhanced the Great Depression in 1929? Of course not. Only fools see everything in 'good vs evil'.
Even fools can be excused for ignorance with some education.

See below.

Quote:
The Central Bank (and Hoover) made a major mistake. There was no evil. There was a serious mistake that took ten years to undo. And that we study so as to never make that mistake again.
Not evil. Mistake, yes. But from day one the Federal Reserve System was designed to take control of the US currency out of the hands of the people. And provide stability, but only as a byproduct.

It was created by the Congress to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.

Or you could get another opinion without vested interest.

Or get the short version here.

Quote:
But the mistake we all made was listen to corrupt business school graduates. Since sub-prime loans and derivatives to create free cash (a ponzi scheme) were somehow good because it was unregulated.
Yah, yah. High falutin’ MBAs. We completely agree on that. And bean counters. Flog them all.

Quote:
The naive, who see everything in 'good vs evil', were same people so easily targeted by my father. So many Americans then knew that smoking cigarettes increased health.
Was your father a marketing excutive? A doctor? Regulator?

Not sure how to read that.

Quote:
Many people are not officer material. So they see everything in soundbytes. They know only because they were told what to think - also called brainwashing.
Commissioned officer you probably mean. Non commissioned officers are often made through performance. I take your point though.

Sound bytes cannot give the appropriate detail required. If they could, my replies here on the cellar would be short.

Brainwashing? Like CNN? Or MSNBC?

Quote:
An informed consumer learns underlying details long before making an extremist conclusion.
Yes, like me. Learning about cryptos before making risky moves and losing my money.

Quote:
We know Bitcoin will not accomplish what you want it to do.
We do? Normal people all over the US appear to be buying and using crypto. Seems like they’re installing crypto ATMs at a good clip.

I’m guessing they don’t trust the online process but cash for crypto seems safer.

By creating a market for ATMs it’s also supporting business and investment in the US.

Quote:
Strangely enough, Bitcoin is popular among those whose criminal activities are justified by hate of government, other religions, leaders who constantly lie, etc.
One would only need to search the string “Bitcoin is for criminals” to find a mix of analysis and opinion from a wide variety of sources and opinions. Oh, I bet you use Google for search.

Try DuckDuckGo.com

Did you miss this? It’s not my preferred source but seems to be something more to your liking. Except maybe this time because it seems to counter your position on Bitcoin.

Maybe you meant Monero?

It’s not unanimous, it’s a mix. Seems like your opinion has been challenged by many for a few years now.

Strangely enough, with a simple search, you could easily find information dis-proving your opinion.

Quote:
Apparently that (and not improving economic activity) is related to your underlying agenda.
My underlying agenda is a more independent population. Less dependency to banks. Companies buying and selling metals to a legal market is also improving economic activity.

Money and currency that is in complete control of the population without counter party risk is appealing to me and many others. Cash, gold, silver, and to a lesser degree, crypto.

Don’t forget the US mint too. They sell Sheets of uncirculated Federal Reserve Notes ( US currency ). They seem to be working against their own interests.

Quote:
First indication of the most corrupt are those who routinely accuse other groups of being evil. That is how Hitler, Milosevic, Kim, and even Nixon came to or maintained power.
Are we talking about the concept of projection here?

Quote:
Government is not evil.
Not in the beginning. In time it’s likely though. There are many unelected government bureaucrats that are corrupt. They are in the management of the most important and relied upon of American government agencies. They work together to achieve goals that may or may not be supporting the president’s agenda. The president is elected.

A few specific names are Clapper, Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Strok and Page. How could that chain of command not include Obama?

Time will tell.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote