View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Nirvana
Back in 10

Wow its Just Like Duck Dodgers!

In the 24th 1/2 century!

Trying to not fall behind in the pursuit of information and technology, I had to decide between a smart phone and a laptop to replace my ancient PC [XP] I have a voice only cell phone I have never even used 100 minutes a month. Staring at a tiny screen in public while there are potentially interesting social interaction to be had seemed a bit anti-social. I chose a laptop. A Dell Inspiron Touchscreen. The first thing I want to do is download Mozilla firefox but I don't think that is possible with my current dial up.

My problem at the moment is that I need wireless service and have no idea which way to go. When Netzero offers free broadband for a year if you purchase their device that sounds interesting until I realize I don't know anyone who has that service.

The phone lines here do not support DSL they barely support voice phone calls. :/ Any advice or information on who has the best service/deal for wireless would be greatly appreciated.

I have software[apps?] that were paid for when I purchased that no way can be downloaded on my current dial up connection.