Thread: Badger Epiphany
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
It may seem really obvious to some of you, but this is new territory for me to just tell someone that I don't really care to hear what they have to say, w/o getting angry or emotional or feeling like I need to fight back or give as I get.

It seemed to work.

So, w00t 4 m3 and my l337 relationship skilz
I've been under increased pressure at work to be in a leadership role, requiring a lot of dealing with people very diplomatically, but also with very set expectations of what the allowed "rules of engagement" are. I've been applying my Asperger's towards mastering the mechanics of this arena. It has spilled over somewhat into my homelife--how I interact with my children and my wife. I see it as a huge positive--I'm having ideas like drafting a "standards of behavior" for the household, and other corporate-type structures. I think the kids will benefit a lot from having consistent, defined expectations, etc.

But I have to say, just because you're trying to make improvements to behavior and conduct...not everybody immediately appreciates that. I've found that what is 100% acceptable in the workplace, and in fact straight by-the-book, can somehow be "frustrating" to spouses. The thing is, I'm not trying to "trick" anybody--I'm perfectly genuine in my effort. I'm just doing what I think has been proven to be best practices.

I hope it works out for you.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote