View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #49
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
Birth control would be easier, but since their kids can't read, probably the parents can't either, so scratch that idea...and we'll just go the adoption route. Like you said. They'll only need to be able to make a huge X when social services come to take the kids away.
You're stuck in a rut here. Not using birth control is not all about not being able to read. Being able to read does suddenly give a person the skills/intelligence to act on what they've read. it's like the difference between hearing and listening. Not using birth control is often about religion and about having something that belongs to you, something that you are the boss of. And when you see the schools "looking after" those somethings once they get past the small cute stage and becomes something you can't handle, you don't worry about the responsibilities you have because you don't see any.

If the parents fail, then it is the job of society. But not by giving the failing parents more money or sending them to "parenting" or remedial math classes and falling back on the schools -they've already demonstrated that system of education doesn't work for them. That's a cop out. Society needs to take the failed child on and parent them properly. If adoption is the way, so be it. Give the money to a family who will do that job and turn that child around. I'd prefer the failing parent and the child to be adopted, but I'm a dreamer. This is America. We don't really help the nasty dirty losers, we throw (tax deductible) money at the problem, so they can spend time being "educated" out of sight or clothed in nice new winter coats so they look more acceptable, while we feel good about our charitable donations. And then when they finally break the law because they don't know how to survive legally and have no life skills, then we get to lock them up out of sight. Excellent.

#awaitsthedaywhenreproductivesystemscanbeturnedoffuntilparentinglicenseisissued