View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #86
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The sky was blue today - not a given in England - so I went out and played with my camera. All pictures are from the Alfred Rose Park on the Elmhurst Estate in Aylesbury. It's what we call a Council estate, what you might call The Projects. Many homes are now owner occupied (like my parents') but the centre of the estate is still a a poor neighbourhood. Not the poorest in town though, and certainly not dangerous.

Alfred Rose left this piece of land for the benefit of the estate. There isn't an awful lot that can be done with it. But it holds happy memories for me. And it's a good place to go just to hear birdsong - you can't hear any of the main roads from here.

There used to be trees in a strip all the way across the park. And bushes and undergrowth. We used to run wild there, only steps from the real world on either side. Sadly, in later years, so did drug addicts and possibly paedos, or at least the fear of them. Still, the remaining trees at least show some of the climability that we rejoiced in.
Attached Images