View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Not having offspring, I need to reference what my friend is doing with her brood ...

Most of what her kids play is on the Nintendo GameCube ... her son (9 y.o., IIRC) is playing Animal Crossing (I really don't get the parts where you have to rearrange the furniture), Super Mario Sunshine, and the latest entry in the Zelda games.

The 6 y.o. girl really loves the new Mario Kart game ... and happily acts as bomber when an adult drives. She's not got a lot of finesse, but she's very enthusiastic, although her older brother is the undisputed champion (he drives and bombs for himself).

The 3 y.o. likes the Mickey's Magic Kingdom game which allows the kid to do most of the work, with the grown up giving a little nudge to her pointer every now and again. Great use of cooperative play, IMHO.

Luigi's Mansion is also in the house, but doesn't get played much because, well, it's been declared pretty lame. Vacuuming ghosts doesn't hold the boy's attention very much, although the kids do get some giggles watching a grown-up (i.e., me) try to play and screwing up a lot.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote