View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #248
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Mum doesn't know anyone from school.
Well, Maureen who suggested I volunteered there, but that was only because it was annouced in her church that they needed volunteers. C of E, not Catholic - Mum knows no-one else from there.

Also it's being kept on the QT by the school. Suspicions about whether an LSA is capable of fulfilling her role does not reflect well on the school and would never be disclosed to parents.

Can't say anything else. I do believe I am free from blame regarding this instance. And even that is probably too much.

Also, Mum is the kind of person who doesn't necessarily place much value on honesty. We have so many elephants in our living room I'm surprised there is room to breathe. I was amazed at things that came out at Grandad's 80th. A cousin had to live with them for a few years because of spousal abuse, another spent time in prison after robbing his superior officer in WWII, Cousin T got a 15 yo pregnant (mother a prostitute, father a Chinese sailor.)

And yet I was the disgrace of the family because I got divorced. Ho-hum.
Mum was right though. She said I'd leave him and break his heart. Can't fault her there.

We're a funny old bunch.