View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #191
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I don't know. Scratch that. Reverse it.

I just got another big fuck-over about my paid time off. Time I've earned. I have crafted a letter to HR and will send towards the end of the day. I walked outside because I knew there was going to be no way to absorb this latest jab and not get a little weepy (and that I have a horrible head cold which makes me weak and weepy anyway.)

The gist of my letter is about overtime I never received compensation or 'comp time' for (while everyone else in the office made money hand over fist...consider making 55g/year and getting your hourly wage of that time and a halfed...one cow orker felt it was 'sinful' but it set her up nice when she finally got forced out, and I am a pay grade lower and still PROFESSIONAL staff just like them) and about being harrassed because of my illness (which the job as it is exacerbates) and the complete disregard for my FMLA that I did to save my ass. And who the fuck does it matter to if I use earned vacation time (I have 220 hours) except to ME! It only hurts ME! And I can't ever use it because there's always too much to do then I make myself sick with worry and anxiety and end up using sick time...never ending circle. And to top it off, I reported 15 minutes late one morning (it was actually about 8 minutes after 8) when the traffic was bad and was told I can't use my PERSONAL time to cover that and I need to take it without pay.

My letter is a bit more professional than that, but it is by no means unclear in its purpose.

It's as bad as it can get. I may turn in my resignation tomorrow. I will have to give 30 days to get my vac pay paid out, and I will have to fight for unemployment (prove they made it impossible to stay) and I will lose my insurance...

Why don't they just get it over with? I'm broken, I'm trying to mend, and they keep kicking me.

I wish I wish I wish I could tell them to shove the job, but I have nothing/no one to fall back on. But I'm regressing, inside. I'm scared and hurt again and my coping mechanisms are falling far short of helping.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote