View Single Post
Old 02-03-2001, 08:50 PM   #3
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

Exclamation Re: Bush on religion

This is more of a publicity thing than anything. His jackals-for-image have told him that he's pushing a little too hard, and some of the more militant groups already Fear & Loathe him. This type of thing is an incredibly far cry from an earlier standpoint that "Wicca is not a religion." And to think I, and eclectic Wiccan, almost supported this bigot...of course, I realized something this year: With all the hype and hooplah, nothing major has happened since the '60s...all we're really looking to find now is who we're going to bitch about for the next 4-8 years. But I rant...

In all seriousness, I genuinely fear the tacit (and sometimes not so tacit) religous influence that Dubya is bringing into office, but there's no way we can get rid of him now short of Sex, Lies, and Audiotape.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote