View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #58
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
That logic only works for the first year they're in the "wrong" school. After that, the new school is expecting them, since they had them the year before, and the old school is no longer accounting for them. As far as everyone is concerned, on paper they do actually live at the grandparents' house.
Except this type of thing can go on for years before it is caught, leaving the school districts a lot to catch up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
IMHO, this is the bit that you should be getting angry about; giving the children of the poor a second rate education.

I'd look down on you (USA) for this, except we have a very similar outcome (by different method) here.
Believe me many people are very unhappy with the current funding. The Ohio lottery is a great example of shitty politicians not working in favor of the education system. It was created to allow extra funding to schools, especially the disadvantaged ones in low income areas. Instead the state said hey we got this extra income for education now, let's strip a bunch away for other programs. Which in effect left the amount of funding for schools unchanged. Everyone knows the current system of funding is broken and unconstitutional, and every election there are promises to fix it. But nothing changes. So with the anger over the current funding inequality issues already brewing, there is little room for compassion for someone who cheats the system and causes further problems.

Last edited by Bullitt; 01-30-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote