View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #589
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I went to the hospital with a pregnant woman, because she was bleeding.
She had already decided on a termination.
She had an emergency appointment, but was kept waiting an extra 50 minutes (meh - NHS).

When we went into the room she was asked if she had recently urinated - she hadn't, so was sent off to do so. I guess the scans where you have to have a full bladder comes much later - she was only three weeks.

Now the lady doing the scan (nurse? technician?) did not seem aware that the person concerned had a termination booked in four days, and so spoke hopefully about seeing the foetus.

I told her of the planned termination and although her demeanour did not change towards the patient, she dropped the positive, excitement level down and talked merely about health.

I had an enormous amount of respect for her for that.
The woman I was there with would not have been swayed in her decision (due to individual circumstances) but would have been too embarrassed and proud to say anything, and instead gone along with the role of prospective mother, and died a bit inside otherwise.

Perhaps seeing a foetal heartbeat would be an excellent means to prevent a termination. But let's face it, if you are evil, selfish and depraved enough to terminate, you might just spawn a child twisted and unloved enough to be a burden on the taxpayer.

Of course every life counts. Goodness me, only a monster would murder an unborn child.
Whereas only a pinko commie would want to educate the damn drain on money once it's been squeezed out. Let the 16 year old harlot rhome school it!
It could end up being President after all.

ETA
Sorry. Crossness.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote