View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

January 18, 2007: Bee attack!

xoB finds this item at the watermarked MediaPost.net, but the images there were poorly handled and wound up stretched. I've used Photoshop's Transform to return them to viewable status.

At first you think it's graphic, but it's not really; just something that'll invoke fear in the hardest of us, and sympathy in the coldest of us.

The story:
Quote:
Bee Attack Story By Ron Hatch
Was having late lunch at the Zion Road when I witnessed an elderly woman being attacked by bees just outside the hawker centre. At first, I thought it was flies. The lady tried to fan off the bees with a towel and wanted to enter the hawker centre for shelter. Frightened hawkers and patrons shouted at her to run to somewhere less crowded. She stood there helplessly while the little insects stung and finding their way into her ears, nose and mouth. Some hawkers tried to help by fanning off the bees with burning newspaper. Another person from the coffee shop across the street splashed water on her. Finally, she ran across the street towards Great World City where someone had set up a little fire and smoke. After the ordeal, her face and limps were full of bee-stings. The poor lady wanted to just walk away on her own to seek treatment from a nearby private clinic. The ambulance arrived just then and passersby advised her to seek treatment from the hospital.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote